1 cup cooked organic brown rice
3 Red Bell Peppers cut in half lengthwise and cleaned out
1 lb. Ground Turkey, Bison, or Grass-fed Ground Beef, (beans can be substituted for meats)
2-3 tbs. organic extra virgin olive oil
Diced onions, celery, mushrooms, broccoli (whatever veggies you like)
8 oz. can org. Tomato Sauce
2 cloves fresh garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook brown rice (45 min.) or Quinoa works well too if you have less time (10 minutes)
2. Cut red bell peppers in half and clean peppers.
3. Bring large pot of water to a boil.
4. Place clean, halved red bell peppers in boiling water and boil 5 minutes, then drain
5. Put oil in a skillet and add diced onions, celery, garlic (other veggies)
6. Add the meat and brown it.
7. Add 1 can of tomato sauce.
8. Add cooked rice, and mix all together.
9. Place drained bell peppers in a 13×11 pan with sides
10. Spoon filling into the peppers.
11. Top w/ Org. Ketchup (about half-way through baking)
Bake for 45 min. – 1 hour at 350*