• Ground Turkey
(or Chicken Breast chunks, Ground Bison)
• Toppings – Onion, Celery, Red Bell Peppers, Org. Mushrooms, Roma Tomatoes or tomatillos, Broccoli, etc.
• Org. Pizza Sauce (or homemade)
• Org. Mozzarella cheese
• Spelt Tortilla or Flat Out! Wraps
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Place Spelt Tortilla or Whole Grain Flat Out! (without toppings) on cookie sheet or pizza pan in preheated oven for 3-5 minutes per side.
3. Bring it out and let it cool for a minute or two.
4. Optional: Sauté onions on low heat in olive oil until clear, then add, red bell pepper, celery, Org. mushrooms, broccoli (any or all of these) and set aside to brown the meat.
5. Brown ¼ to ½ Lb. Ground Turkey (per person)
6. Spread light amount ¼ to ½ cup of Pizza Sauce on Spelt Tortilla or Flat Out!
7. Layer the browned ground turkey mixture on top of sauce.
8. Layer the sautéed veggies on top of meat.
9. Top with sliced Roma (my favorite) tomatoes and fresh mushrooms
10. Top with Shredded Org. Mozzarella cheese
11. Bake for 5-10 minutes (until melted)
I use whatever I have, even made a “leftovers” pizza once!! So feel free to modify any veggies, protein, type of cheese, or tomatoes – I love Tomatillos (like I did in this picture). The more veggies the better for your health!