makes 4 cups
2 large Red apple, organic
2 large Granny Smith apple, organic
2 medium oranges, organic
2 large lemons, juiced
3/4 tsp cinnamon (add more if you’d like)
1 Tbsp organic real maple syrup (or less – to taste)
2-3 tsp cold pressed flax oil, organic / unfiltered
1/2 – 3/4 cup raw walnuts, organic
3 Tbsp raisins (optional)
* a dash or cayenne for a spicy accent
* a chopped avocado for even more healthy fats (but only add it per serving)
* add quinoa for more protein
* add diced celery
* some more chopped seasonal fruit like persimmon, pomegranate, pear, grapefruit.
* a few chia or flax seeds
1. Dice your apples, add to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in the lemon juice.
3. Peel and slice up your orange and add to the bowl.
4. Add in the raisins, cinnamon, maple syrup and walnuts. Toss everything very well.
5. Add in the flax oil one teaspoon at a time – tossing AND tasting after each addition.
(You do not want to overwhelm the fruit with flax, so taste as your go. I like a nice amount of oil, but you may be more sensitive to the flavor.)
6. Chill and serve.
7. Eat from it all week!
Tip: Add it to your plain Greek yogurt. Or my favorite way to enjoy it to is add it to oatmeal at the end of the week when it is soupier in consistency.