Food Preparation is the key to success! Knowledge is power, but it can be useless without planning, preparation, and execution. Preparation is the key to success in every area but even more than most in the area of food for those of us who value our health. If good food is convenient and available, we will eat it, if it is not, then we may just grab what is! This can result in poor choices which may lead to poor health.
MEAL PLANNING and FOOD PREPARATION:
- SAVES MONEY; less waste, unused items or missing ingredient run to the store.
- SAVES TIME; Lord knows our schedules are full enough as it is.
- SAVES STRESS; It builds confidence and helps bring control to chaos at 5pm when the scavenger hunt begins for what to put on the table.
- SAVE LIVES; Preparation means eating well, therefore lessening the impact of quickly choosing dangerous fast and unhealthy foods. Planning will keep you from giving in to the go-to pasta dish or anything that requires a can opener!
Use the Mini-meals and Snacks list during the day. Prepare your 6 Triangles so you are ready for the day/week. Scrambled eggs and spinach for break-fast, Avocado-tomato-feta Toast, veggies & hummus, apple-peanut butter, dinner with loved ones (see below), Creamy High Enzyme Dessert. Stephanie Secret Salad.
Use the Weekly Menu Plan Worksheet for Dinner.
Use the Recipes provided, and Menu Plan Worksheet for dinner meals in advance.
My husband and I love to cook our dinners together, and enjoy keeping our meals whole, real, and flavorful, but this means we menu plan. Each week we plan:
- How many home-cooked meals we will need
- What those meals will be
- Who will be cooking (yes, we both cook)
- Build the shopping list (Don’t even think about going shopping before you have a list of items needed or you run the risk of wasting money buying things that you are “out of,” but won’t use.)
Meal Planning and Food Preparation keeps me in control of my choices so I can invest in my health. As a two-time cancer survivor, I am a super food fanatic and clean for over 19 years!
- Make protein smoothies using berries of all kinds.
- Avocados, Flax Oil, Olive Oil, Almonds and Walnuts are your body’s BFFs!
- Avoid boxes, bags, cans, and jars whenever possible!
- Just say NO to chemical foods, fast foods, and fake foods. Your body cannot use these, and will tell you so in many ways – pay attention.
- We eat fish 2-3 times a week (Wild Caught Salmon, Halibut and Cod).
- Fresh produce in a variety of healthy colors: green, red, blue, yellow, orange, and purple;
- We grow our own produce on our Tower Gardens so we have a constant supply of different lettuces, kale, spinach, basil, jalapeños, rosemary, thyme, parsley, cilantro, etc. We sell these as a part of our support for client health and wellness!
If you have questions about anything you have read here and would like more information about being a client. Contact me today.